Residents in the Lake County portion of The Villages must comply with the restrictions of the St. John's River Water Management District. Please note that this irrigation schedule does not apply to Lake County District 11. Please refer to the Irrigation Schedule for Districts 1 - 12.
The following is a summary of the restrictions:
• Lawn watering depends on whether you have an odd or even numbered address, and the time of year. Please refer to the table below.
Daylight Saving Time: Second Sunday in March until the first Sunday in November
Eastern Standard Time: First Sunday in November until the second Sunday in March
• Watering may only occur before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m. on the scheduled days.
• Water for no more than one hour per zone.
• Certain exemptions are available, such as allowances for new plant material.
• There are no restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing. However, it is important to be as efficient as possible, such as using a shut-off nozzle on the hose, so water isn't wasted.
a. Recommended Zone Run Times are based on normal rainfall conditions.
• During times of drought, you may need to supplement your irrigation system by hand watering using a hose with an automatic shut off nozzle.
• During times of rainfall, you may be able to turn your irrigation system off for an extended period of time.
The Southwest Florida Water Management District may impose additional watering restrictions as part of a water shortage order that must be complied with.